Basic Fire Fighting – SOLD OUT (Cr4, L2, 1 day, for company compliance with OSHA legislation)
The Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations, Section 5.2 – the relevant and applicable law in South Africa – requires an employer to provide sufficient fire fighting equipment and safety rules to keep their employees safe. According to the legislation stipulates that at least 1 out of 50 employees in an organisation must have basic fire fighting skills. In the event of a fire, there must be someone who is trained and knows how to react without causing panic. Employers need to ensure that all employees know what to do in the case of a fire. This includes the following:
- Regular fire drills to confirm that all staff know what to do and where to go in the shortest time possible.
- Basic fire fighting skills must be provided, such as how to put out an electrical fire as opposed to flames caused by oil. Employees should also have basic instruction on how to operate fire extinguishers and hoses.
- Evacuation procedures and notifying fire and emergency services.
- Keeping windows and doors closed as far as possible to contain the fire.
The skills, values and knowledge reflected in this unit standard are thus required by people in the field of basic fire fighting. The learning outcomes in this unit standard also contribute to the exit level outcomes required for various basic fire fighting. Qualifying learners can select and use the appropriate firefighting equipment to extinguish or control fires in the workplace.
For Health and Safety Reps, Compliance Officers, neighbourhood watch teams, churches, governing bodies, events planners, youth, unemployed, students, unemployed youth, entrepreneurs and anyone wanting a 2nd job or wanting to follow or create a health and safety career.
- The nature of the fire is correctly identified and its context correctly assessed
- Appropriate firefighting and safety equipment is selected and checked
- Hazards are isolated4. Fire is approached according to procedure
- Changes in the fire are monitored and responded
- Retreat from the fire site is undertaken according to appropriate retreat procedures for the type of fire
o Respond to `what if` and `why` questions covering:
o Applicable chemistry of fires
o Methods of fire transmission
Types of fires
o Selection of firefighting procedures for particular fires
o Prevention of fires
• Types, uses and operation of firefighting and safety equipment
• Retreat procedures form fire
• Issues to consider when monitoring fire and site
- Reporting and recording requirements
- Explain the implications of not adhering to sequence of activities and operations as described in the specific outcomes and making decisions inappropriate to the task
COMPLETE OUR FREE ONLINE TRAINING
US9964 APPLY HEALTH AND SAFEY TO THE WORKPLACE COURSE – TO GIVE YOU A GLIMPSE OF THIS CAREER PATH
RECOMMENDED ADD ON TRAINING FOR A CAREER PATH IN HEALTH & SAFETY & EMERGENCY RESPONSES
Consider and add ALL of our other health, medical, safety, emergency response training that are ALL linked to this career path, including but not limited to the training as illustrated below which can be done online (see our online training portal www.rhenstraininginstitute.co.za) as well as face to face (check on our calendar on https://rhensconsulting.co.za/training/)
eg US 13223 HEALTH & SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE IN A WORKPLACE https://rhenstraininginstitute.co.za/product/apply-safety-health-and-environmental-protection-procedures/
FOR THE ONLINE BLENDED LEARNING TRAINING OPTION
Basic Fire Fighting – Seta Accredited Unit Standard 12484 (1 Day)
- The theory part of the course is done online at your own pace at R1200pp.
- Learners will be contacted to complete the practical parts of the course at a designated date, time and venue.
- The BLENDED TUITION and other online training courses are available on: https://rhenstraininginstitute.co.za/product/us12484-perform-basic-fire-fighting-cr4-l2/
Visit us and review all our Accredited and Non Accredited Courses | Specials and Promotions | Terms and Conditions | Training Calendar | Facilitation Partnership Agreements on our websites and social media pages.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AS DIRECTED ARE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES, INCLUDING PRE and POST TRAINING SANITISING
WHATSAPP: 081 368 5018
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.5kg DCP Fire Extinguisher (Firemate) R375.00
- 1.0kg DCP Fire Extinguisher (Firemate) R295.00
- 0.6kg DCP Fire Extinguisher (Firemate) R235.00
- Apply Health & Safety To A Work Area (FREE) R0.00
- COVID-19: Compliance Officer In Workplaces | Bio-Hazzards (FREE) R0.00
- COVID-19: Awareness For Workplaces & Everyone | Bio-Hazzards (FREE) R0.00
- FIRE LEVEL 2 - Perform Basic Fire Fighting (12484) R950.00
- FIRST AID LEVEL 2 – Provide Risk-Based Primary Emergency Care/First Aid In The Workplace (120496) R1,450.00
- FIRST AID LEVEL 1 – Perform Basic Life Support And First Aid Procedures (119567) R950.00
- SHE Rep: Apply Safety, Health and Environmental Protection Procedures (13223) R700.00