FIRE LEVEL 1 (F,P,DEL252250)
Department Of Employment and Labour (DEL252250) Fire Level 1 Course:
This is a 1-day, face to face interactive group participation course that is DEL endorsed and accredited at Level 1 Fire Training which is the entry level, culminating in a Certificate Of Completion valid for 2 years.
All our FIRE courses are accredited with SETA and / or Department Of Employment and Labour (DEL).
- Health and Safety Fire Reps and Committee members in the workplace.
- Employees who work in the new ‘work-from-home’ space who are now accountable for their own safety whilst working off-site.
- Ideal and essential for office workers, general labourers, farm workers, conservation staff, neighbourhood watch / church / school governing bodies, events planners etc
- Highly recommended career path for the youth, unemployed and anyone seeking a new or secondary career path with secondary income potential.
TRAINING DELIVERY & VENUE LOCATIONS
- This is the face to face training option, culminating in a DEL Level 1 Certificate Of Completion .
- Face to Face training at a venue location with other learners observing all COVID-19 protocols as directed.
- Venues in the Western Cape: Observatory, Koeberg, Pinelands, Strand / Somerset West, Durbanville, Bellville
- A venue of the employer or governing body or neighbourhood watch group’s choice for block booking
- DEL FIRE LEVEL 1 : 1 day, R800, Face to Face, Valid for 2 years
- DEL FIRE LEVEL 2 : 2 days, R1300, Face to Face, Valid for 2 years
- SETA FIRE LEVEL 2 : R1200, Online; Practicals to be completed; Submission Of POE for credits (NQF2,Cr4), Certificate Of Completion, Valid for 2 years
- SETA FIRE LEVEL 2 : R600, Online; Practicals to be completed; No POE submission with this option, Certificate Of Completion, Valid for 2 years.
COVID 19-PROTOCOLS AND ADDED VALUE
- COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Regulatory Compliances Strictly Observed
- COVID-19 compliance elements included in training methodology & outcomes.
FIRE LEVEL 1 TRAINING: FACE TO FACE (2 DAYS) – DEL CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION – VALID: 2 YEARS
The Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations, Section 5.2 – the relevant and applicable law in South Africa – compels all companies to have trained, accredited fire – fighters in the workplace*. Accordingly all employers must have a sufficient, legislated amount of trained fire fighters and must provide sufficient fire fighting equipment and ensure prominent display and implementation of safety rules to keep their employees safe. The legislation stipulates that:
- At least 1 out of 50 employees in an organisation must have basic fire fighting skills
- In the event of a fire, there must be someone who is trained and knows how to react without causing panic.
- Employers need to ensure that all employees know what to do in the case of a fire which includes inter alia:
- Regular fire drills to confirm that all staff know what to do and where to go in the shortest time possible.
- Basic fire fighting skills must be provided, such as how to put out an electrical fire as opposed to flames caused by oil.
- Employees should also have basic instruction on how to operate fire extinguishers and hoses.
- Evacuation procedures and notifying fire and emergency services
- Keeping windows and doors closed as far as possible to contain the fire.
PURPOSE OF THIS TRAINING
It is the perfect course, for any organisation, to start off with as it teaches basic fire prevention and awareness, the use of fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to minimise loss of life and property, Learners will be capable of identifying, containing, preventing and extinguishing different types of fires by operating basic fire fighting equipment, how to deal with ‘insipient-stage’ fires. Formal instruction also covers various aspects of fire and fire behaviour, fire prevention and evacuation procedures, basic fire equipment and fire fighting procedures.
- The science of fire:
- Fire triangle
- Classes of fire
- Extinguishing methods
- Fire prevention:
- Common causes
- Materials which are generally first ignited:
- Housekeeping and other preventative measures
- Preparing for fire:
- Selection of correct equipment
- Placement and fire signs
- Proper care and maintenance
- Emergency plan & procedures
- Getting out alive
- Proper use of equipment:
- Hose reels
- Fire Blankets
- Live fire demo (if allowed on premises)
TYPES OF FIRES
o Selection of firefighting procedures for particular fires
o Prevention of fires
• Types, uses and operation of firefighting and safety equipment
• Retreat procedures form fire
• Issues to consider when monitoring fire and site
- Reporting and recording requirements
- Explain the implications of not adhering to sequence of activities and operations as described in the specific outcomes and making decisions inappropriate to the task
The skills, values and knowledge and learning outcomes contribute to the exit level outcomes which entails inter alia:
- Identifying different types of fires.
- Explaining and practice fire prevention.
- Operating basic fire fighting equipment.
- Perform basic fire fighting procedures.
The skills, values and knowledge and learning outcomes furthermore contribute as the pre-requisite entry level for FIRE LEVEL 2: PERFORM BASIC FIRE FIGHTING
Delegates will be required to pass an assessment to qualify for their 2 year validity Certificate Of Completion. Delegates will not submit a POE with this learning option.
- DEL Requirements: An assessment during and at the end of the course.
- Written test (closed book)
- 70% pass mark
- Practical demonstration of fire fighting skills
MEDICAL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FACILITATORS & TRAINING PARTNERSHIP
Rhens Training Institute has a partnership agreement with Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre headed by Helene Basson who is accredited with, amongst others, SAIOSH, RCSA, AHA, SAIOSH, Intrasafe and who has served the Emergency Medical Services community for almost 12 years; she leads a team of instructors delivering courses in Emergency Medical Care, First Aid and Health & Safety; she works as a Clinical Assessor at a globally recognized medical facility, is a certified Assessor and Moderator for all health and safety courses, a BLS Instructor working with Healthcare Professionals to instruct American Heart Association (AHA) and Resuscitation Council of South-Africa (RCSA) courses; a CPG instructor for the pre-hospital medical staff; current with ACLS- advanced cardiac life support; worked in COVID-19 ICU; is currently busy with her COVID-19 ventilator course through Harvard University and COVID for Healthcare workers course through Stanford University and has ITLS- International Trauma Life Support Instructor status.
VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS @ POINT OF SALE
It is more cost effective to purchase vouchers for block bookings and for discounts @ point of sale on regular priced training. Available for sale and purchase online on our website.
Discounted Rates For Block Bookings of 6* or more (T&C Apply eg discounts are not available with concurrently running other promotions)
DISCLAIMER & TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our T&C’S apply to all Rhens Consulting training products and courses whether named and / or as may be implied and / or as is reasonable and plausible to be assumed even if not stated specifically in writing in this particular product offer. Please review our full T&C’S on our website.