Fire Level 2 – DEL | US12484 Perform Basic Fire Fighting | (Face to Face, 2days, Valid for 3 Yrs)
WHAT IS THIS LEVEL 2 FIRE COURSE ALL ABOUT
The Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations, Section 5.2 – the relevant and applicable law in South Africa – requires an employer to provide sufficient fire fighting equipment and safety rules to keep their employees safe. According to the legislation stipulates that at least 1 out of 50 employees in an organisation must have basic fire fighting skills. In the event of a fire, there must be someone who is trained and knows how to react without causing panic. Employers need to ensure that all employees know what to do in the case of a fire. This includes the following:
- Regular fire drills to confirm that all staff know what to do and where to go in the shortest time possible.
- Basic fire fighting skills must be provided, such as how to put out an electrical fire as opposed to flames caused by oil. Employees should also have basic instruction on how to operate fire extinguishers and hoses.
- Evacuation procedures and notifying fire and emergency services.
- Keeping windows and doors closed as far as possible to contain the fire.
The skills, values and knowledge reflected in this unit standard are thus required by people in the field of basic fire fighting. The learning outcomes in this unit standard also contribute to the exit level outcomes required for various basic fire fighting. Qualifying learners can select and use the appropriate firefighting equipment to extinguish or control fires in the workplace.
This course is NB for everyone who has a passion for health and safety and it is useful to have these skills in communities where fires are prevalent; for people hoping to volunteer as firefighters, because just like COVID – 19 one never knows when a need to fight a fire arises. Ideal for eighbourhood watch teams, churches, governing bodies, events planners, youth, unemployed, students, unemployed youth, entrepreneurs and anyone wanting a 2nd job or wanting to follow or create a health and safety career
For Health and Safety Reps, Compliance Officers, first aiders in the workplace.
WHAT IS BLENDED TUITION ALL ABOUT
This is a combination of ONLINE (for the theory part) and FACE TO FACE for the practical part) training.
Your options for Level 2 Fire (US12484) are as below:
a) you can either do it face to face for a day
b) alternatively you can choose this blended tuition option and we will invite you to do your practical when you reach that point in your online learning.
The time spent learning online is an investment into keeping you safe and protected and it means that productivity is less affected if you are an employee
US252250 IS A LEVEL 1 PRACTICAL COURSE, TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE US12484 PERFORM BASIC FIRE FIGHTING Cr4,L2, 2Days) ACCREDITED TRAINING COURSE.INDICATORS
- The nature of the fire is correctly identified and its context correctly assessed
- Appropriate firefighting and safety equipment is selected and checked
- Hazards are isolated4. Fire is approached according to procedure
- Changes in the fire are monitored and responded
- Retreat from the fire site is undertaken according to appropriate retreat procedures for the type of fire
TYPES OF FIRES
o Selection of firefighting procedures for particular fires
o Prevention of fires
• Types, uses and operation of firefighting and safety equipment
• Retreat procedures form fire
• Issues to consider when monitoring fire and site
- Reporting and recording requirements
- Explain the implications of not adhering to sequence of activities and operations as described in the specific outcomes and making decisions inappropriate to the task
ASSESSMENTS: WORKBOOKS, POE IF SUBMITTING FOR CREDITS, UNDERSTANDING ASSESSED & CERTIFICATES
o Respond to `what if` and `why` questions covering:
o Applicable chemistry of fires
o Methods of fire transmission
Delegates will be required to pass an Assessment to obtain their certificate of completion and participation to qualify for the certificate for the validity period.
Face to Face, In Person and Interaction With Others
Click on TRAINING CALENDAR | Choose your date | Click On REGISTER | PAY online for your course.
Discounted Rates For Block Bookings of 6* or more (T&C Apply eg discounts are not available with concurrently running other promotions)
COVID-19 compliance elements included in training methodology & outcomes.
Observatory, Pinelands, Koeberg, Strand / Somerset West, Durbanville, Bellville, Venue of your choice for block bookings agreements
COVID 19 PPE. PROTOCOLS & PARTNERSHIPS:
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Regulatory Compliances Strictly Observed
Regulatory compliances strictly observed. Rhens Training Institute’s COVI-19 PPE is supplied by Dyums PPE. The managing director of DYUMS PPE is PWD small business owner and a member of Disabled People South Africa.
MEDICAL FRONTLINE ESSENTIAL SERVICES HEALTH PROFESSIONAL FACILITATORS: PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
Rhens Training Institute has a partnership agreement with Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre who is accredited with, amongst others, SAIOSH, RCSA, AHA, SAIOSH, Intrasafe etc and whose expertly trained and skilled, frontline essential services medic facilitators present all Rhens’ health and safety and emergency training, headed by Helene Basson, our HEAD OF FACILITATION: COVID-19 | OHSA – HEALTH & SAFETY | EMERGENCY MEDICAL. Rhens Training Institute has a partnership agreement with Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre who is accredited with, amongst others, SAIOSH, RCSA, AHA, SAIOSH, Intrasafe etc and whose expertly trained and skilled, frontline essential services medic facilitators present all Rhens’ health and safety and emergency training, headed by Helene Basson, our HEAD OF FACILITATION: COVID-19 | OHSA – HEALTH & SAFETY | EMERGENCY MEDICAL. Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre Pty Ltd is registered and licensed to offer and facilitate this training in partnership with Rhens Training Institute, a division of Rhens Consulting Pty Ltd, an accredited Skills Development Provider (SDP). Accredited with FP& M SETA, Provider Accreditation No. FPM19/PRPACC-075 until 2021/05/21(https://www.linkedin.com/in/helene-basson-9a66a4122/
VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS @ POINT OF SALE
It is more cost effective to purchase vouchers for block bookings and for discounts @ point of sale on regular priced training. Details of our Vouchers and purchases any denominations for yourself, clients, as gifts etc are available for sale and purchase online on our website.
DISCLAIMER & TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Review our T&C’S on our website and social media pages.
- The Rhens Consulting Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer applies to all of the below as well as to any other that may not have been named and / or as may be implied as is reasonable and plausible to be assumed even though not stated in writing for whatsoever reason, ie:
- Credit bearing accredited and skills programme courses
- Non credit bearing accredited and skills programme courses
- Specials and Promotions
- Terms and Conditions
- Training Calendar
- Facilitation Partnership Agreement
WHATSAPP: 079 651 8174
PURCHASES CAN BE MADE VIA PAYFAST ON THIS SITE
COMPANIES ARE WELCOME TO CONTACT US TO DO THE TRAINING AT THEIR OWN VENUE’ ON-SITE FOR BLOCK BOOKINGS
RECOMMENDED OTHER TRAINING FOR A CAREER IN HEALTH AND SAFETY
- HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS: RCSA CPR (F,P,RCSA-MedCPR11CPD)
- FIRE LEVEL 2 (F,P,DEL12484)
- FIRE LEVEL 2 (O,NCB,S12484)
- FIRE LEVEL 2 (O,CB,S12484)
- FIRST AID LEVEL 1&2&3 (F,P,DEL1195/1204/3764)
- FIRST AID LEVEL 2&3 (F,P,DEL1204/3764)
- FIRST AID LEVEL 3 (F,P,DEL376480)
- FIRST AID LEVEL 1 (F,P,DEL119567)
- SHE Rep: Apply Safety, Health and Environmental Procedures (F,P,D13223)
- FIRST AID LEVEL 1&2 (F,P,DEL1195/1204)