HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS: AHA BLS FOR HEALTH PROVIDERS (F,P,AHA-Med11CPD)
Basic Life Support (BLS) is a 5-6 hour interactive, practical medical skills course with practical demonstrations and practice sessions for health professional participants and is facilitated by accredited, trained and experienced medical training providers with currently active’ frontline-worker credentials and references.
This course is a pre-requisite for advanced life support courses (ACLS, ACLS-EP, PALS, NALS).
Participants will receive a BLS for HCP manual.
This course is for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings. HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals and others seeking an alternative delivery method for completing BLS training.
CERTIFICATE & CPD POINTS
- A RCSA Certificate, locally recognised and valid for 2 years.
- A CPD certificate with 11 Points for eligible participants.
TRAINING DELIVERY OPTIONS & WC VENUES
- Face to Face at a venue location with other health professionals
- Venues include: Observatory, Koeberg, Pinelands, Koeberg, Strand / Somerset West, Durbanville, Bellville
- In-house training can be arranged at a venue of your choice*.
COVID 19-PROTOCOLS & RELATED OUTCOMES
- COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Regulatory Compliances Strictly Observed
- COVID-19 compliance elements included in training methodology & outcomes.
WHAT IS THE AHA BLS FOR MEDICAL HEALTH INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS COURSE ABOUT
This is a 5-6 hour (AHA) American Heart Association hands-on practical course and is facilitated by medically trained and experienced frontline services health care industry accredited facilitators in a face to face classroom setting.
The course covers international guidelines and the latest recommendations on:
- CPR for adults, children and infants, including use of the BVM
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Management of the obstructed airway
The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. After successfully completing the BLS Course, the learners should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognise the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The candidate will be expected to achieve 84% on a written test and show proficiency with hands-on skills practice and testing facilitated by a licensed BLS Instructor.
CERTIFICATE & CPD POINTS
- An AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers card, valid for 2 years and a CPD certificate for 11 points will be issued.
- The BLS for Healthcare Providers certificate is a pre-requisite for AHA Advanced Life Support courses
MEDICAL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FACILITATORS & TRAINING PARTNERSHIP
Rhens Training Institute has a partnership agreement with Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre headed by Helene Basson who is accredited with, amongst others, SAIOSH, RCSA, AHA, SAIOSH, Intrasafe and who has served the Emergency Medical Services community for almost 12 years; she leads a team of instructors delivering courses in Emergency Medical Care, First Aid and Health & Safety; she works as a Clinical Assessor at a globally recogniSed medical facility, is a certified Assessor and Moderator for all health and safety courses, a BLS Instructor working with Healthcare Professionals to instruct American Heart Association (AHA) and Resuscitation Council of South-Africa (RCSA) courses; a CPG instructor for the pre-hospital medical staff; current with ACLS- advanced cardiac life support; worked in COVID-19 ICU; is currently busy with her COVID-19 ventilator course through Harvard University and COVID for Healthcare workers course through Stanford University and has ITLS- International Trauma Life Support Instructor status.
VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS @ POINT OF SALE
It is more cost effective to purchase vouchers for block bookings and for discounts @ point of sale on regular priced training. Available for sale and purchase online on our website.
Discounted Rates For Block Bookings of 6* or more (T&C Apply eg discounts are not available with concurrently running other promotions)
DISCLAIMER & TERMS & CONDITIONS
According to our Terms and Conditions of payment, no refunds are offered for cancellation requests due to the financial implications associated with this course and the ripple effect impact of the course on on fellow participants who have also booked. Requests to attend on a different date are accommodated and must be communicated in writing via email to email@example.com in which case a booking will be rescheduled for a planned next training course as stated on our monthly training calendars.
PROGRAMME CHANGES | FORCE MAJEURE
The workshop agenda is subject to change if, for any reasons beyond the control of the organisers, it becomes necessary to alter the content, times, dates, venue or facilitator.
Our T&C’s apply to all Rhens Training Institute training products and courses whether named and / or as may be implied and / or as is reasonable and plausible to be assumed even if not stated specifically in writing in this particular product offer. Please review our full T&C’S on our website.