FIRST AID LEVEL 1&2 (F,P,DEL1195/1204)
Each year people are killed by injuries sustained from ‘accidents’ which could have been avoided in the workplace. The ”Draft General Health and Safety Regulations” (Government Gazette, No. 28162) states that ”an employer shall take all reasonable steps that are necessary under the circumstances, to ensure that persons at work receive prompt first aid treatment in case of injury or emergency.”
First Aid training is thus a legal requirement in the workplace and it is morally the right thing to do.
With the latest remote-work-home practices it is highly recommended that employers should ensure that ALL staff are trained in FIRST AID in order apply the skill at home in case of an injury on duty during working hours as the ‘traditional, on-site’ first aider’ representative is not at hand when a medical emergency arises.
All our First Aid courses are accredited with SETA and DEL.
- Health and Safety Reps and Committee members in the workplace.
- Employees who work from home and off-site from a central office location.
- Highly recommended career path for the youth, unemployed and anyone seeking a secondary career.
- Essential for neighbourhood watch teams, churches, governing bodies, events planners etc
TRAINING DELIVERY OPTIONS & VENUES TO CHOOSE FROM FOR THIS COURSE
- Face to Face at a venue location with other learners observing all COVID-19 protocols as directed.
- Observatory, Koeberg, Pinelands, Koeberg, Strand / Somerset West, Durbanville, Bellville
- Venue of your choice for block bookings.
- DEL FIRST AID LEVEL 1 : 2 days, R900, Valid for 3 years
- DEL FIRST AID LEVEL 2 : 3 days, R1500, Valid for 3 years
- DEL FIRST AID LEVEL 3 : 3 days, R1500, Valid for 3 years
- DEL FIRST AID LEVEL 1 & 2 : 3 Days, R1500, Valid for 3 years
- DEL FIRST AID LEVEL 2 & 3 : 3 Days, R1500, Valid for 3 years
- DEL FIRST AID LEVEL 1 &2 & 3 : 5 DAYS, R1900, Valid for 3 years
VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS @ POINT OF SALE
It is more cost effective to purchase vouchers for block bookings and for discounts @ point of sale on regular priced training. Available for sale and purchase online on our website.
Discounted Rates For Block Bookings of 6* or more (T&C Apply eg discounts are not available with concurrently running other promotions)
COVID 19-PROTOCOLS AND ADDED VALUE
- COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Regulatory Compliances Strictly Observed
- COVID-19 compliance elements included in training methodology & outcomes.
WHAT IS FIRST AID TRAINING ALL ABOUT & WHY IS IT IMPORTANT
Regulation 7 of the ”Draft General Health and Safety Regulations” as Gazetted on 28 October 2005 (Government Gazette, No. 28162) provides the specifications relating to ”First aid, emergency equipment, and procedures”. The regulation states that ”an employer shall take all reasonable steps that are necessary under the circumstances, to ensure that persons at work receive prompt first aid treatment in case of injury or emergency.”
This interactive course ranges from Level 1 to Level 3 and is facilitated on the basis of Level 1 | Level2 | Level 3 or combinations of these levels over 3 or 5 days.
First Aid training outcomes provides a medical emergency response essential skill that equips and empowers learners with skills as well as sufficient knowledge to enable them to remain calm and to perform potentially life-saving procedures until medical professionals arrive.
It is a hands-on practical course requiring on-site, face to face classroom interaction and it is facilitated by our specialist, highly experienced and accredited frontline healthcare essential worker facilitators with currently active’ medical backgrounds.
FIRST AIDERS RATIO IN THE WORKPLACE
- Where more than 10 employees are employed at a workplace, the employer needs to appoint a first aider. This is a compulsory legal appointment and the first aider should be readily available during normal working hours.
- Shops and offices – one first aider for every 100 employees.
- Other workplaces – one first aider for every 50 employees.
- First Aiders must be in possession of a valid first aid certificate, issued by accredited training provider that is approved by the Department Of Employment and Labour (DEL) Chief Inspector and / or by SETA (for credit bearing courses) for this purpose.
Basic care for injuries or sudden illnesses until advanced medical care can take over. Handling emergency situations; basic disease transmission precautions; recognizing and caring for bleeding, wounds, sudden illness; and immobilizing muscle, bone and joint injuries.
People that have undergone First Aid Training will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of emergency scene management,
- demonstrate an understanding of elementary anatomy and physiology,
- assess an emergency situation,
- apply First Aid procedures to a life-threatening situation and treat common injuries.
- Principles of emergency care
- Emergency scene management
- Artificial respirations- Adult, child, Infant
- CPR adult, child and infant
- Choking: Conscious And Unconscious, Airway Obstruction
- Wound and bleeding
- Shock, unconsciousness and fainting
- Fractures and splinting
- Head and spinal injuries
- Medical conditions
- Principles and First Aid and Safety
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Emergency Scene Management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Assessment of a Patient
- Injury Emergencies
- Dressing and Bandages
- Heart Attacks
- Unconsciousness and Fainting
- Convulsions and Epilepsy
- Environmental Emergencies
- Water Accidents
- Transporting a Patient: Rescue Carry
- Adult CPR manikins
- Spinal immobilisation equipment
- All medical consumables
- Various types of bandages, splints, gloves, CPR devices etc.
- Basic Contents of a First Aid Kit
- Cholera / TB
- DEL Requirements: An assessment during and at the end of the course.
- Written test (closed book)
- 70% pass mark
- Practical demonstration of first aid skills.
- SETA Requirements: An official Portfolio Of Evidence for submission to the relevant SETA.
MEDICAL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FACILITATORS & TRAINING PARTNERSHIP
Rhens Training Institute has a partnership agreement with Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre headed by Helene Basson who is accredited with, amongst others, SAIOSH, RCSA, AHA, SAIOSH, Intrasafe and who has served the Emergency Medical Services community for almost 12 years; she leads a team of instructors delivering courses in Emergency Medical Care, First Aid and Health & Safety; she works as a Clinical Assessor at a globally recognized medical facility, is a certified Assessor and Moderator for all health and safety courses, a BLS Instructor working with Healthcare Professionals to instruct American Heart Association (AHA) and Resuscitation Council of South-Africa (RCSA) courses; a CPG instructor for the pre-hospital medical staff; current with ACLS- advanced cardiac life support; worked in COVID-19 ICU; is currently busy with her COVID-19 ventilator course through Harvard University and COVID for Healthcare workers course through Stanford University and has ITLS- International Trauma Life Support Instructor status.
DISCLAIMER & TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our T&C’S apply to all Rhens Consulting training products and courses whether named and / or as may be implied and / or as is reasonable and plausible to be assumed even if not stated specifically in writing in this particular product offer. Please review our full T&C’S on our website.