AHA: BLS – For Medical Health Professionals (6hrs, Valid 2yrs, 11 CPD Points, Internationally Recognised)
Basic Life Support (BLS) is a 5-6 hour interactive, hands-on practical course requiring on-site, face to face classroom interaction facilitated by experienced and accredited facilitators with currently active’ medical, essential frontline worker backgrounds. BLS for HCP is a 5-6-hour course aimed at pre-hospital and in-hospital healthcare workers, e.g. doctors, nurses, paramedics, and allied personnel. Accordingly, this course is facilitated by Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre, accredited and licenced to instruct AHA (American Heart Association Courses.
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ALL ABOUT
This 5-6 hour interactive hands-on practical course requires on-site, face to face classroom interaction and is facilitated by experienced and accredited facilitators who are currently active’ as medical frontline medical backgrounds.
The course covers international guidelines and the latest recommendations on:
- CPR for adults, children , nd infants, including use of the BVM
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Management of the obstructed airways.
The candidate will receive a BLS for HCP manual.
The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The candidate will be expected to achieve 84% on a written test. On successful completion of the course, the candidate will be issued with a BLS for Healthcare Providers card, which is valid for 2 years, and a CPD certificate for 11 points. The BLS for Healthcare Providers certificate is a pre-requisite for AHA Advanced Life Support courses.
Discounted Rates For Block Bookings of 6* or more (T&C Apply eg discounts are not available with concurrently running other promotions
All Healthcare Providers eg: doctors, nurses, paramedics, medical technicians, anyone who is required to take a Healthcare Provider Course for employment, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, doctor’s assistants, registrars, interns, medical and nursing students in training, aides, medical and nursing assistants and other allied health personnel. Healthcare medical professionals requiring continuous learning and CPD points to improve knowledge for HPCSA / SANC CPD accreditation purposes.
Check our calendars
Face to Face, In Person and Interaction With Others
Regulatory Compliances Strictly Observed
11 CPD Points * COVID-19 compliance elements included in training methodology & outcomes.
Delegates will be required to pass a 15 question multiple choice test and successfully pass 3 skills tests before receiving a numbered Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa certificate.
Pinelands, Koeberg, Strand, Durbanville, Bellville, Venue of your choice for block bookings agreements
COVID 19 PROTOCOLS & PARTNERSHIPS:
Regulatory compliances strictly observed
Rhens Training Institute’s COVI-19 PPE is supplied by Dyums PPE. The managing director of DYUMS PPE is PWD small business owner and a member of Disabled People South Africa.
MEDICAL FRONTLINE ESSENTIAL SERVICES HEALTH PROFESSIONAL FACILITATORS: PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
Rhens Training Institute has a partnership agreement with Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre who is accredited with, amongst others, SAIOSH, RCSA, AHA, SAIOSH, Intrasafe etc and whose expertly trained and skilled, frontline essential services medic facilitators present all Rhens’ health and safety and emergency training, headed by Helene Basson, our HEAD OF FACILITATION: COVID-19 | OHSA – HEALTH & SAFETY | EMERGENCY MEDICAL. Heart Guardians Emergency Training Centre Pty Ltd is registered and licensed to offer and facilitate this training in partnership with Rhens Training Institute, a division of Rhens Consulting Pty Ltd, an accredited Skills Development Provider (SDP). Accredited with FP& M SETA, Provider Accreditation No. FPM19/PRPACC-075 until 2021/05/21(https://www.linkedin.com/in/helene-basson-9a66a4122/
DISCLAIMER & TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Review our T&C’S on our website and social media pages.
- The Rhens Consulting Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer applies to all of the below as well as to any other that may not have been named and / or as may be implied as is reasonable and plausible to be assumed even though not stated in writing for whatsoever reason, ie:
- Credit bearing accredited and skills programme courses
- Non credit bearing accredited and skills programme courses
- Specials and Promotions
- Terms and Conditions
- Training Calendar
- Facilitation Partnership Agreement
PURCHASES CAN BE MADE VIA PAYFAST ON THIS SITE: www.rhenstraininginstitute.co.za