Achieving Accuracy: BP Measurement
Re-training is an important aspect of ensuring health care professionals measure blood pressure (BP) accurately and consistently every time. Guidelines recommend healthcare professionals periodically re-train on BP measurement techniques, as high BP is a leading risk factor for heart attacks and strokes.
To address gaps and improve patient care, the AHA and the American Medical Association have collaborated to develop a new eLearning competency training module focused on ensuring that every health care professional measures BP accurately and consistently every time.
Is intended for:
- Physician assistants
- Allied health staff
30-minute eLearning course
- Reinforces guideline recommended BP measurement techniques
- Simulates proper BP measurement using a manual, semi-automated, or automated device
- Boosts competency and confidence in BP measurement reading across the care team
- Provides 0.5 Continuing Education (CE) credit
- Improve your blood pressure measurement skills with the new Achieving Accuracy: BP Measurement e-
- Learning module co-developed by the American Heart Association and the American Medical Association.
- High-quality patient care is the top priority for healthcare professionals (HCPs), and re-training is vital to improving accuracy in blood pressure (BP) measurement. High BP is a leading risk factor for heart attacks and strokes. Identifying and treating High BP is key to improving patients’ cardiovascular health.
- Guidelines recommend all HCPs should periodically re-train on BP measurement techniques to ensure you consistently measure BP accurately every time.
- Reinforces your knowledge on guideline recommended BP measurement techniques
- Teaches 5 essential steps to accurately measure and record BP using a manual, semi-automated, or automated device
“All relevant course details will be emailed to you once booking is confirmed.”